Wednesday, April 27, 2011

thea's puzzle quilt

Almost a year ago I decided to test my sewing machine skills (Selma's, I mean) using a free pattern by Amy Butler, thea's puzzle quilt.

The top was a charm, I had fun sewing and composing it. I used louder colors than those in the pattern, but I think it turned out well nonetheless.

Selma was up to the project, but unfortunately not so tuned on quilting. I opted for some sparse hand stitched cross stitches. Not so charming, but it worked out well.

On this very quilt I learned the continuous border technique, as quilting tradition wants.

Now this quilt, whose size is 150x150cm, is our favourite comforter on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment