Thursday, May 24, 2012

new entryway - before

As for the new girls' bedroom, this is more a "during" than a "before". In the before, the walls were all white.


Don't mind the ugly door... I'll sand it and repaint it as soon as I have the time. As you can see, I didn't reach the full height of the wall with the color: the entryway is narrow and long (and high), so I didn't want the "tunnel" effect. I opted for a light and warm dove-grey, with a narrow horizontal stripe at door top level, to add width, and then all the way up to the ceiling with the white. I really like the final effect.

I have a very clear idea of what it has to look like, and some furniture is already in place.

I've been surfing the net for inspiration and organization tips (too much information, by the way... my mind is in overload). Given the small space, I won't have a gorgeous mud room nor a super organized family central... but I'm sure I can come up with something.

Furniture for this space include:
- a shoe rack, in double size;
- a full-length mirror;
- a stool;
- two shelves;
- a bookcase;
- lights;
- decoration.


No comments:

Post a Comment