Tuesday, August 28, 2012

off the hook

Sometimes you end up with a big bag of old, heavy cotton threads and you wonder how to get rid of all that without really throwing it...

One of my grandmother's favourite "scrap" project was a good old crocheted pot holder ("there's no such thing as too many pot holders, dear"), so I thought why not?


It's really simple, in fact. The hardest thing was attaching the flower with the invisible thread, 'cause it tends to shrink the applique... but it worked.


And here's the plus: the pot holder is exactly (and I mean EXACTLY) in the colors of my little kitchen! And it also looks good attached to the backsplash.


I have some thread left... maybe another? after all, Grandma did say that you never have enough pot holders, didn't she?!

No comments:

Post a Comment