Friday, December 2, 2011

new kitchen curtains

My kitchen curtains were old (and, I'm afraid, a little dirty) and I didn't have a replacement to change the look. I went to my local fabric store and bought some fabric to make new curtains: I chose a modern style. This is how they came out:
the complete view
detail
The heart is one of my purchases at Abilmente: I actually bought the red ones for the kitchen and the brown ones for the living room, but the curtains in the living room are far from being completed yet...



With a fabric scrap I made a wedding dress for Barbie#6... nothing for the scrap bin, this time.






2 comments:

  1. Barbie looks stunning. Congrats on the change up in your kitchen. I've lived in my current home for 13 years and have never gotten around to putting curtans up...and my kitchen started to get a new paint job last summer....it stopped half way...but if you don't turn the lights on you cant tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The curtains look good! The heart completes the whole thing, with the color and the shape of the ornament made more noticeable by the white curtains. Also, using the scraps as a Barbie dress is clever!

    Louie Cunningham

    ReplyDelete