Saturday, March 31, 2012

my new jewelry organizer

I don't really have a lot of jewelry, but I like having my things well organized. I went online for inspiration (there's so much inventive out there!) but I already had in mind what I wanted.

I had an old wine wood case (yeah, another), made for a very big bottle of sparkling wine. I painted it white, fixated some hooks, nailed a hanging system and... voilà! This is how it came out. Sooo like the result!


I found those square ceramic little bowl at the market, and I use them for my rings, my earrings, my bracelets and my watches.


The hooks were too long and the screws punctured and came out on the shelf, so I took a piece of cardboard and covered it with some nice fabric and placed it on the bottom of the shelf: nice and clean.


Under the shelf, the hooks hold my necklaces and keep them from clinking and tangling.

All in all, this system is working very well. I might add some more hooks or other decorations, but I think I got it right for what I have.

What do you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. It looks like it will do the trick. Very clean and modern looking.

    ReplyDelete