Monday, September 26, 2011

napkin pochettes

Sis is in her best could-you-please-do-it mode. After my last napkin pochettes she asked for a new set.

Promptly I made the four of them. I salute, Sis.



Since the Smurfs are little boys and can't read yet, I attached a different colored flower for each name.

The pochettes are lined with the flower fabric I used for the stripes on the outside. The beige fabric is a cotton-linen fabric (very soft). Gracie (my sewing machine) embroided the names in red (isn't she great?). The flowers are appliquéd with a very tight zig-zag. All in all, I like this pattern and I think I'll use it again... maybe for Christmas presents...?

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how a little lettering and machine applique can add a special touch to those. A very nice set.

    ReplyDelete